2.08.2011

Whining, Valentine's Day & Bargain Shopping

Three things have dominated my pea-sized brain lately: 

Our little P exhibits plenty of cute behavior - she IS my baby after all. However, she's developed one annoying habit that I REFUSE to tolerate...whining. I can't stand the sound - it's like nails on a chalkboard or Snooki's voice. All the books/doctors/friends/websites say this is because she's unable to fully articulate what it is she wants. It's also bound to be a result of being an only child, an only grandchild and super adorable (she pouts her lips, it's just irresistible).

A few weeks ago I thought I was going to finally snap when the whining was lasting the majority of a day. And then, out of the blue, P starting doing sign language - A LOT. It's like a light went off and realized that all those weird hand movements I had been doing actually mean something and get her things. All of sudden she was signing 'please', 'thank you', 'more', 'eat', 'ball', 'sleep' and on and on. Consistently signing has taken patience and persistence (of which I have very little) but it's definitely paying off. The whining has definitely been curbed and we both seem happier that we're able to carry on a sort of conversation (I think I just wrote that signing with a 15-month-old could be considered a 'conversation' - does this mean I need to get out more???).

Speaking of whining, Valentine's Day is around the corner. I've received my present early and I couldn't be happier. Her name is iPhone 4. She is amazing. I FINALLY understand what all the razz-ma-tazz has been about - happy sigh.

On a final note, I had posted this fabulous dress from Madewell:

I LOVE it, but it's a tad out of my price range. Then I found this little lovely:

From Target! And, the best part is that it's only $25!!! Oh, and it comes in black and indigo too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...