4.13.2011

Just Like Mommy

This certainly isn't news...we're all sick again. People ALWAYS say you end up getting every cold and bug your kid gets, and now I am a believer. P had an ear infection and I'm delirious with a fever and stuffy head. I'm always in denial about getting sick until it's too late. In this case, I was adamant that it was just allergies - and then I almost passed out while driving home. It's officially spring, so when is cold/flu season over? I'm getting desperate - does anyone have any hints for staying healthy? I've tried just about everything, but I know some of you are homeopathic nerds, so help!!!

On a lighter note, P and I have been playing dress-up lately and it's hysterical. She is at the age now where she wants to do everything I do. If I'm cleaning, she gets a tissue and a plastic bottle from her "kitchen" and pretends to wipe down the floors. If I'm on my computer, she pulls her kid version out and pretends to click away. Last week, I was feeling fancy and actually got dressed in something other than yoga pants and a sweatshirt. As I was putting on my makeup and some jewelry, P wanted to join in. I sat her on the bed and pretended to put some makeup on her and then gave her a bunch of costume jewelry. She was beyond happy...


When we found out we were having a girl, I admit that I was a tad bit disappointed. I was afraid of all the hormones, drama and puberty issues that come with being a girl. What I didn't know is how wonderful raising a little girl can be - our little P is sweet, kind, smart, funny - everything we could have ever wished for in a child. Plus, I get to go back and relive my childhood, what could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...