8.20.2010

Five Minutes Under $5


We had planned on running over to the new neighbor's house after dinner and as we were leaving, I realized I didn't have anything to welcome them to the neighborhood. There wasn't time to cook or bake anything, so I grabbed a bunch of sunflowers that I had bought from Trader Joe's during lunch (only $4.99!), emptied an old mason jar (full of nuts and bolts), scrounged up some leftover craft paper string from my 'bag o' scraps' and clipped whatever wildflowers, hydrangeas and ferns weren't dead from my backyard garden. Considering it was pretty thrown-together, I was pretty happy with the result - and so were the neighbors (who happen to be VERY nice and are fixing up an antique farmhouse that my husband and I have been obsessing over for a while). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...