8.24.2010

Simple Summer Pasta


There are always nights that I have no idea what to make for dinner. This is my go-to dish for the summer because I can use fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden (this time tomatoes and basil were compliments of my mother-in-law's gorgeous Vermont garden). From start to finish, it only takes about 15 minutes to throw together!

  • Boil a box of your favorite pasta
  • Cut up about four large tomatoes, one small red onion and about ten marinated pimentos from an olive bar (found at most groceries stores - be sure to take at least a cup of the oil too!)
  • Shred a whole rotisserie chicken
  • Saute tomatoes, onions and pimentos in a tablespoon of olive oil until everything is tender and caramelized
  • Drain pasta and put back in bowl with leftover oil and juice from marinated pimentos
  • Add veggies and chicken to pasta and toss
  • Serve with fresh basil and grated Parmesan

3 comments:

  1. Look at you with a blog; I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of yellow and blue curtains. Once I learn how to sew from my M-I-L I want to add green and purple curtains to my LR. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am blogging :)

    I LOVE the idea of green and purple together. I'll try to find some examples. Send me a pic of the room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...