11.22.2010

The Gift of Dinner

I made a huge batch of spaghetti and meatballs (not to blow my own horn, but I made it from scratch (pretty impressive for a novice like me)) and decided to gift a bunch of jars. It's hard to consistently cook homemade meals this time of year since most free time is spent getting ready for the holidays. A few of these suckers in the freezer make meals easy and looks nice as a way to say 'Thanks!' or 'I'm thinking of you.'


All it takes is a mason jar, some twine, stickers and a meal. Sometimes I cut a circle of fabric and tie that over the lid for a festive touch. I also usually tie a tiny bag of fresh parm with basil to the lid. This portion usually feeds one person. Try it with beef stroganoff, layered broiled veggies, mashed potatoes, etc.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...