9.02.2010

Weekly Etsy Finds

I can't describe the feeling I get when I discover things on Etsy. One time while checking out at the grocery store, the clerk told me I was the 50th customer of the day to buy a particular brand of detergent and that I had won a free bottle. It's kind of like that.

For baby: We have a lot of new babies among our group of friends, so I try and find personalized or unique gifts to take when we go to meet them. This three-piece set is perfect for a dog-loving couple; I can't resist the simplicity and fluffiness of this guy; these booties with a customizable fortune are too cute for words; and I know from experience that a tag blanket is all the rage among newborns.

For me: The jewelry I usually get the most compliments on are usually made by Etsy designers. I'm recently drawn to more romantic pieces that pop with shine or color. I love the elegance of these earrings; this ring is beyond decadent; a bracelet like this would look great layered different textured bangles; and I'm seriously tempted to buy each color of this gorgeous fox claw necklace.

For anniversary: Our second wedding anniversary is around the corner. We'll be going on a mini overnight trip but I also want to get G a little something special. This framed picture of paper hearts can be customized with any initials or date (plus, it matches the color scheme from our wedding!); the name says it all, 'Lovers Tandem Bike Tea Towel Set' (I know what you're thinking, 'why would G want tea towels?' The "traditional" second anniversary present is cotton. What the heck else am I going to get?); no husband would appreciate this adorable wooden set, so I might just buy it for myself; and this customizable 3-D letter is made from a vintage Ireland map (one of our first trips together).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...